How do I make a complaint?

The doctors, nurses and administration staff at the Waterfront and Solent Surgery are all committed to providing a caring service to their patients. If there are any concerns, these should be raised with a member of staff at the time, who can advise accordingly.

In the event that a formal complaint is made the first step is to ask the reception staff for a complaint form, which can be completed and returned for the attention of the Practice Manager.

If the Practice Manager is on the premises the complainant is welcome to speak to them about their complaint in the first instance, or if they do not wish to complete the claim form themselves.

All patient information is strictly confidential. If you are making a complaint on behalf of someone else we need to obtain the patients full and informed consent.

All complaints are treated in confidence and will not be noted in your medical records or affect your future treatment in any way. Your complaint will be handled in the same way regardless of ethnicity, age, gender or disability.

You can also email us your complaint directly at:


If more advice is needed you can contact the following organisations:

NHS England
PO Box 16738
B97 9PT

Telephone: 0300 311 22 33

If, however, you are not satisfied with this response you may request that the Parliamentary and Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO) considers your complaint. The Ombudsman is independent of the government and NHS. This should be undertaken as soon as is practicable following the conclusion of local resolution.

Their contact details are:

Parliamentary Health Service Ombudsman (PHSO)
Millbank Tower,

Telephone: 0345 015 4033

Follow this blog

Get a weekly email of all new posts.